***Heads up...this is a post of pure vent. Nothing else. Move on if you're not in the mood for a bunch of hot air.***
Okay, so can I just say that I'm ready for my family to be healthy again. At least one of us, usually more, have been sick since the beginning of March. Cold, flu, fevers, ear infections, other infections, etc. You name it, we've probably had it.
Currently I have Lisa home from school with the stomach flu and fevers. Tanner has the same thing. (okay, let me interject and apologize to all those who were exposed yesterday at church. Totally thought we were in the clear). Grayson just got over the flu Thursday/Friday. Jim stayed home last Thursday afternoon and all day Friday from work due to a bad cold and body aches. He could hardly talk. In the meantime, he and I both have a cough. I'm not sure if mine stems from allergies or the cold I caught last month, but I've been coughing since March and I'm tired of it!!
On the bright side, here's a funny conversation I had with Regan the other day (who, by the way, is the ONLY person in our family who has not experienced any sort of sickness. But now I've jinxed her by writing it down).
Regan: "Mom, when is it going to be my turn to be sick?"
Mom: pause............"Are you seriously wanting to be sick?"
Regan: "Yes. I'm tired of math. I'd LOVE to stay home from school."
Mom: tried not to laugh too much. "There's so much worse than school and math. You really don't want what your brother has."
Why is it that moms DREAD their kids being sick, but the kids think being sick is better than school??? The grass is always greener....
Oh, and still speaking of sickness, I think I'm going to have to reconsider the whole kid-care situation at the gym I've been working out at. So I usually drop the girls off at school and then head to the gym to work-out. The boys go to kid-care there. It's convenient, free (because I work there 3 hrs/week), and fun for the boys to play with other kids. Last Thursday I read a note that's posted on the counter:
"Attention all parents! Please be aware that your child(ren) may have been exposed to the chicken pox AND/OR croup last week."
Man, 5 a.m. workouts are starting to look more enticing every day (before Jim goes to work). Will it ever end?????
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe you should've let me take you out for dessert on Friday! Maybe you should let me take you out for dessert later this week...
That is such a bummer! Hope your family doesn't have that swine flu that the world is thinking will become a pandemic. Okay - by typing that, I'll probably start a pandemic. We'll keep you in our prayers that everyone will be well soon! Love you!
I hear you sista. We haven't been sick at our house...except Talon who eats too much sugar then gets really sick for about a day. Of course I think we have it good and then the other night my body starts aching....oh no. Sure enough I woke up and could hardly move my entire body was throbbing. Bryan or course had already gone to work so making lunches and driving the boys to school was still a must...and take care of a baby and Kaden (needy boy). Moms never get a break even when they are sick.
We are goiong through it here too. I feel your pain. I love Regans comments though...oh so nieve!
Post a Comment