
Memory Lane Moments...My buddy Sherdon called the other day to say that he was coming for a visit. Truth be told I'd been thinking about him the week previous when we were younger. Visions of Pete's Special Sauce came into my mind. There is a restaurant in Mesa, AZ that I used to go to when I was a young buck that serves unbelievably cheap seafood. The best seafood you could get for less than $5 in AZ and the Pete's special sauce...Mmmmm! Looking back I do believe that the sauce made the food edible. Yummy!
Sherdon tuned me into this and sold me on that being the best fish anywhere this side of the Mississippi! He is quite the salesman and being naive and one that grew up in Hickville, USA I bought it hook, line and sinker! Yik-Yik!
I do miss the food occasionally as it brings back memories of good friends and a very carefree time!
Thanks Sherdon for the memories. Let's get together and relive the memory...this time with real seafood.
4 comments:
I am sure there is nothing like good fresh seafood in Arizona! You will have to come visit so that Bryan can go with someone for seafood. The rest of us aren't so keen on the stuff.
Wow - looked like Christmas at your house on Easter! How fun! Lisa looked like she had a great time on her birthday. I haven't sent her baptism gift yet -- sorry -- I'll get to that soon. Sorry we missed sending a card too! We love you Lisa - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
How was I (transplanted hick) to know what good seafood was in the big city? It was cheap, I could afford it, and it couldn't be purchased in our beloved Eagar. That was "criteria met" enough for this "hayseed".
By the way, Pete's special sauce was just ketsup mixed with el pato sauce! Yummy. That is why I still make it and eat it with almost EVERYTHING that you can eat ketsup with... it just tastes better.
PS. It was so awesome for the wife and I to see You and Chaun and the kids. It was really surreal and kind of like closing the circle...
Post a Comment