Okay, so I guess I better post some pictures of our last few months' adventures. I was waiting to see if Jim wanted to post any of his random thoughts about Christmas concerts; snow; over-spending; more snow; service; his love for snow-blowing; putting up (or not) Christmas lights; to send, or not to send, Christmas Cards (we opted not to send this year...maybe we'll make it by Valentine's Day); or New Year's Resolutions, but I guess he hasn't been "in the mood". So here are some pics of what we've been up to since our last post.

Regan participated in a school play, "The Burley Crew," based on the Lewis and Clark expedition. She was one of the indians and sang in the choir.
Here are the kids sporting their newly opened Christmas pjs the Night Before Christmas. Grayson only wore his for the picture then immediately traded them for an old pair. "Because they are too long, Mom. And they are BUGGING me!!" He has obviously gotten used to the high-water feel of pants, pjs, etc. (I should have gotten him new pjs earlier).


(See...he's wearing his old pjs)

The kids had a great time opening their Christmas presents. I think they even enjoyed watching Mom and Dad open theirs.

We had Christmas dinner with our good friends, The Roberts. We had a delicious prime-rib roast and lots of other yummy food. Afterwards, we played games and visited until almost 10 p.m. It was a GREAT day!!

We spent New Year's Eve with our friends, the Dorigos; playing games, watching movies (that's what the boys are doing in the picture above), and playing the wii. Lisa and Regan both made it to mid-night. Good work, ladies!!
We, of course, had to sing Happy Birthday to Regan right after we all said, "Happy New Year". And after a few hours of sleep, we continued our celebrating with more friends; we ate dinner, the kids played the wii, Regan opened presents, and we ate birthday cake.
I can't believe she's 10 already!!!
This is the rag-quilt I made for her (with lots of help from Jim). I started this blanket 5 years ago. Yes, it really was 5 years ago, while we lived in Oregon; we had a super-Saturday, and this is when I started this project. I still have one more blanket to go; shhh, don't tell, but Lisa's getting one for her birthday, too. They'll have "matching" twin-sized blankets.

We have season tickets to the WSU Cougar's Men's basketball games (over in Pullman, WA, just 6 miles away), so we've been to several of those. This particular game was against Stanford; and we won by 1 point after coming from behind 14 points. GOOD game!!

Regan is not happy in this picture. We met up with some of our friends (there were 4 families, including us) at the Stanford game and sat where their tickets were. Regan wasn't so happy about moving from our seats. Oh how she can hold a grudge.

We love Tanner's crooked smile!


We even caught up with Butch, the Cougar, for a quick photo shoot.
Well, I have even more pictures, but they'll have to wait for another time....hopefully not in a month from now. I'm even going to have to figure out how to do the videos, because Regan was in a couple of Christmas concerts; orchestra: she played her violin, and band: she played her trumpet. We also have a great one of the kids Christmas morning as they walked into the living room to see what Santa had brought them. FUNNY! But now it's time for bed.
3 comments:
It looks like you guys are having tons of fun! We are realizing just how blessed we were in Moscow. WE miss you all!
I'm glad your family had such a wonderful holiday season. Happy Birthday Regan! We miss your wonderful family. Happy New Year!
Thanks for all the pictures! What a great time had by all. Your kids are all getting so big, but still oh so cute! We sure miss you!
Love
Satina
Post a Comment