Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tanner...need I say more???

Oh what to do with a little boy that's fearless and spunky, but oh so cute?!? Here are a few pictures of what Tanner's really like (think back to the lipstick post).

After getting out of the shower, and before Mom could get him diapered and dressed, Tanner decided he had a sore bum. So he climbed onto his dresser and got the desitin. I think he got the sore spot...and more. What do you think? So he instantly got back into the shower for a clean-up. Mom was ready with the diaper this time.


OUCH!! That's all I can say about this. This morning I was busy with Tanner, as usual. He had tipped over my shredder spilling out all of the small shedded paper. So I cleaned that up and soon got a phone call from a good friend in Oregon. I sat down to talk to her and not a moment too soon I hear Tanner crying, but not very hard. I had thought he was in watching Grayson play the Wii, but boy, was I wrong. Instead, he was in the kitchen on one of our bar-stools trying to "cut" a banana for himself. I noticed blood everywhere and quickly hung-up. He missed the banana and got the inside of his thumb. I couldn't get the cut to stop bleeding, so into QuickCare I went. This is how the smart doctors think they can keep a busy two-year-old from taking the band-aid off. Well, that and 3 stitches to keep the cut closed long enough to heal. I'm hoping he'll leave it alone for at least a day. We'll see, though, because this is his sucking thumb. He barely cried, and if you ask him about his thumb, he just says, "Ow!" The doctors and nurses were totally impressed with how still a two-year (and a boy at that) could sit still through the whole process. Tough guy!!! The weird thing...he doesn't just sit still for anything (if you haven't noticed already).


For those of you who know Tanner, you know he doesn't talk. He's 27 months old and only says a handful of words; the most popular being "MOM". Well, a couple of weeks ago, he learned a new word: "hellooooo".

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! All I can say is good luck.

Unknown said...

Ohhhh! The "helloooo" is so cute! I love it. Tell him "Helloooo" from auntie Satina! And give that thumb a kiss for me, poor little guy! Yep, they keep us on our toes alright, don't they? Ben likes to cut his own bananas too, but thnkfully he has only found the butter knives so far!

Jules said...

We had to put a sock on Andrews Hands to keep him from pulling his stitches out.

I love the leaves embelishments--how very...natural. You are from Oregon after all. :)

Lani said...

The fig leaf... how awesome!

The Bloomin' Fields said...

What can I say, we need to keep our blog family friendly! : )

The Despain Gang said...

You sure have your hands full. What a cute "hellooooo". And I love the leaves! Very creative. Love that little guy!!!