Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas time!

Thanks to Chauntelle for actually putting some meaningful memories on this blog. Tanner is helping me tonight


so you enjoy the additions.

We had a good weekend spending time creating Christmas memories. Friday met us early with snow, yup the white frosting of earth. Wished it tasted as good. We went with our friends to Lewiston to get out of the snow and went and had a nice dinner out without kids, these nights are so so refreshing. Dinner was great, the company was great and the time spent walking around exciting places like Home D and Costco are priceless. After once again emptying the bank account at Costco we ventured home in the snow...back to reality.

Saturday we worked on various Christmas projects for the kids and thought it would be "fun" to take the kids out to the stores shopping so that they could find their siblings a gift. "Fun" was had by all and you peeps out there with kids ranging from 0 to 12 know what I am talking about.

Saturday night was spent at the church for the ward party. Program in the chapel first and then a family style dinner and Santa. No lines, genius. Santa got all of the attention. We had a great time spending time with those in and out of our ward. We missed some of our friends tonight, the newly departed Nielson's, and the Weaver's, hope you enjoyed the old men in Spokane.

Sunday was the ward Christmas program with Chaun and Regan starring in the ward choir. Not that they were in charge or had solos but that I love them and they sing better than the rest.

Yup-Grayson thinks that we don't really like Christmas because I didn't put up Christmas lights out on the house. I send him to the next door neighbors to get his fill.

Regan is not making a list this year because she "never gets anything on it anyway." and she had to make it explicitly clear that the Santa that visited the church was indeed a fake and that every other Santa that is seen around town is also a fake. Thanks Regs.

Lisa and her heart, very helpful in so many ways and really looking for the Spirit of Christmas that we all remember and treasure. We'll get to the gift wrapping soon Lisa, promise I won't forget to let you wrap some of them.

Tanner was so funny when the flakes started to fly he had to go out in them and feel them for himself. He was all bundles and running around in circles making tracks in the snow and every once in a while he would stop just long enough to grab some snow to throw in his mouth as if it were a powerbar that kept his motor running. A real delight to see his enjoyment. I quickly left them all outside to play so that I could watch from the window in 65 degree weather rather than 20 degree weather. Too cold for my bones.

Well these are my random thoughts. If you came here to look at sweet pics of the family you'll have to wait for my wife. She does the button clicking. Me, I'm the random thought generator. Like it or not.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm... Regan sounds a lot like Cody does this year. Same thing happened at our ward party. Who is Santa? Right in front of every kid standing in line. Way to go dude!

Jenny said...

I love hearing about your sweet random thoughts Uncle Jim!

Jordan and Jenny said...

We miss you guys so much, too. Christmas just isn't the same with out the ward family that we love so much. Jordan and I were just commenting that we were so spoiled in Moscow with such great friends. I thought it would be the same where ever we went, but it's not. You all are so special.

The Prestwich's said...

Hey! I thought you guys only had the expressions blog. I am so excited to find the real deal here. We miss you guys and hope all is well on the other side of town!

Unknown said...

I appreciate the random thoughts too! It is so fun to read about your family. Thank you. I miss you guys so much! Nathan didn't do the lights outside either, too busy. I did the tree in the window and some around the windows from the inside. I didn't want people to think we were Scrooges or something! Give the kids a hug from me and tell Regan she is so plessed to have everything she ever needs right there at home!

Love to all!!!

Beth said...

Hey there you 'Bloomin' Fields!' LOL! (I love your blogger comment call name!) Just wanted to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS... and I hope you're not getting bombarded with as much snow as we are down here... ugh! I'm SOOOOOO ready for a thaw already! (I'm going stir crazy!!!) hee hee... {{{{HUGS}}}}

Lani said...

It was fun to read your post. You write exactly how you talk and that makes it seem as though I can hear your voice. Merry Christmas.

Tell your kids that we'll take them tubing on the back of a tractor someday....

Lani said...

How's life on the "prairie"? I thought of you a few times this Christmas....I hope you had a wonderful season and are now ready to strategize for the garden. It is never to late to strategize!