Friday, January 30, 2009

School fun...




Regan was in her school spelling bee yesterday. She was one of 15 kids to begin with, and they narrowed it down to 6 finalists. This video is of her final word (they could miss two before being eliminated). I love her expression at the end of the video. "Phew!!" She made it into the 6 finalists and will compete against the other 5 students on Feb. 11th to see who gets to go to the Regional Spelling Bee in March. Good luck, Regan!! Happy practicing.



Lisa was in a Winter Concert at her school yesterday, too. (Yes, I felt like I was at the school all day). It was called, "Melton, the Warm-Hearted Snowman," and the first through third graders performed. Here's a video of one of the songs they sang.

The program was about a snowman who received a warm heart and started melting. The kids were supposed to figure out how to keep him from melting but couldn't figure it out. So Melton gave his heart away and was frozen. The kids then called for the help of a snow angel who had a cold (but still nice) heart, and he gave it to Melton. Now Melton will "last the whole year long." It was very cute, and all of the kids looked like they had a great time.

8 comments:

Beth said...

Geesh... I haven't been over here to see your blog in a while!!! You have SO MANY adorable pics up! A BIG 'congrats' to Reagan on her excellent spelling!!! WOOHOO! (But come on... of COURSE she rocked it... she's an AMAZING reader and speller!!!) Lisa is too cute in her winter hat and glasses!!! She looks so OLD! And you totally had me cracking up with the pics of Tanner and the diaper cream!!!! WAHAHAHA!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE those shots!!! hee hee.... He's such a 'helper' eh? I don't really envy your 'Moscow winter' BTW... ugh. I am SO READY for the cold to take a vacation... I need to be reminded of what the sun looks like! I MISS you guys... I'm glad to see that you are doing well and all that jazz.... BIG {{{HUGS}}} for ya!!!

Beth said...

(LOL.... I just noticed that I spelled Regan's NAME wrong in my comment above!!! ha ha ha... see... I wouldn't even pass THAT part of the spelling contest if I were her.... WAHAHAHA!)

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet! Tell Regan that I said, "GREAT JOB SUPER SPELLER!" I am so proud of her! I simply cannot spell, but you know that. LOL! And tell Lisa, "YOU ARE SO DARNED CUTE AND GET SWEETER ALL THE TIME!" I love her glasses! Thank you for sharing. I miss you!
Love Satina

bigelow family said...

Katie's school did "Melton" when she was in 4th grade- such a cute story! Katie was the one who said "I'll give him my love, I'll give him my heart" a million times :-)

Congrats, Regan! Sam did the district spelling bee last week and boy do those things make me NERVOUS!

Unknown said...

Way to go Regan on being such a great speller! We'll cheer for you to make it to Regionals.

Good job singing in the concert, Lisa. You look wonderful. Miss you guys.

Danette~ said...

Chauntelle,
Just had to say "Hi". I seen your comment on Heather's blog and had to see who the bloominbunch was. Technology these days is crazy... all the people you can find. It's good to see you're doing well and have such a cute family! Take care.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I was in a spelling bee once. I was so nervous in front of the school that I shook like crazy the whole time! I'm glad she was composed and did well. Good luck to her in the next round.

And, as for Lisa...she does look ADORABLE in her winter hat!