Today is my Mom's birthday. She would be 70 today, so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures that I just love.

I love this picture of my sister, Gaynelle, Mom, and myself. This was taken Thanksgiving day 2005, and is my favorite Thanksgiving to date. Mom was at the Huntsman Cancer Center in Salt Lake City undergoing her Chemo treatments, and Dad said she was better that day than she had been in a month. I think she looks great!! My family and I took the trip to Utah from Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with her and Dad at the hospital. My sisters and I cooked a nice dinner and took it to their lunch-room. We laughed and spent time visiting. Nothing better than being with family. And I'll never regret making the trip in yucky weather because it was the last one I would spend with her. Thanks, Mom, for the great memory!!

Here's another one of my favorite pics with Mom in it. This was taken just after Lisa was born in April 2001. Look at Lisa!! Doesn't she look like her Grandma? I mean, she has the cheeks, the pudgy nose, and the same double chin (sorry, Mom, but it's true). : ) I just couldn't get over how much Lisa looked like her Grandma. What a great memento. Super cute!
I have so many wonderful memories, but I won't write them all today. Just wanted to say I Love you, Mom, and I miss ya lots! Happy Birthday!! Chauntelle
2 comments:
What a sweet tribute to you mom.... so nice to see those pictures too. I'm so excited that you have a blog now!!! Woohoo!!! Now I can 'check in on ya' anytime I want! hee hee hee.... HUGS to ya my friend... it's so nice to read about what you're all up to!
I miss your mom too! She is such a wonderful mom and grandma to you guys, you are so blessed. I know she still watches over you and shares i your joys and your sorrows. I love you! This was beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Love
me!
Post a Comment