Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Positivity

For the last year or so, I've been trying extra hard to look at things more lightly, especially around my kids.  I'm trying to encourage more and am trying to understand their perspective better.  I think I do okay with encouragement, but realized that I wasn't nearly as positive as I should be.  Yikes!  And what's worse, it's REALLY hard to change.  Like everyone out there, I have my good and bad days at this.  It's exhausting sometimes.....like today.

It's been a really rough Tanner-day today.  He's been my "challenge" anyway, and he struggles with anger more than my others.  Gee, I wonder where he gets that gene?  Ugh!  Now I get to try to help him learn how to look at the brighter side of things.  Sigh.......

So here's to being more positive.....at least the sun is shining.

1 comment:

RCurtis said...

You really do inspire me! I think any type of change is going to difficult, but the important thing is that we try -- and take it one step, one day at a time. There was a quote that I loved in the movie, "The Lorax" -- "It's not about what it is but about what it can become." I think as long as we are trying that eventually our desires will "become" what we want them too. Love you!