Monday, February 13, 2012

Feelings

So I've been creating some playing cards for Grayson (a soon-to-be-bday-present).  I made each of the girls a set of their own a few years ago, and it's now his time to have a set.  Well, these cards have his face on them, and each of the four suits are something that he likes to do.  For example, he loves to play the wii, so there's a wii suit; he loves to play basketball, so there's a bball suit; etc.  Anyway, I always get a little sentimental when working on photo projects like this because of the stories behind each of the pictures.  I remember each of them, and they make me smile (or cry, too. You know, a happy-cry).  If you're interested, you can take a look at the cards below.  Of course, remember to keep them a secret from G.  He doesn't get to see them until May 9th.
I found this treasure today.  How sweet is this picture?
I remember my Dad playing this with me when I was little....ahhhh. sniffle, sniffle
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBrowserStandAlone.cfm?projectId=2012660&productId=63&projectSponsor=342967

I haven't always been the most sensitive of persons out there.  Don't get me wrong, I've had my share of drama and cry sessions, but it didn't always come very quickly.  I'm more a hot-temper personality; except for lately.  I'm guessing everyone will just tell me it's hormones or whatever, but seriously, I can cry at the drop of a hat these days.  Maybe it's because it's nearing the 6th anniversary of my mom's death and I REALLY miss her.  Maybe it's because there are several people I know who have lost family members lately and I know how that feels.  Maybe I'm just finally learning how to be a crier.  Either way, it's gotten so bad that every time I read a story that's heart-felt, my kids instantly turn to watch me to see if I'm going to cry.  Hahahaha.....but it's true!  But no matter what is making me teary-eyed, I think it freaks Jim out.  I've probably cried more this last year than in our whole 15 years of marriage.  Poor guy!  He has no idea what to do with me.  Sorry, Jim.  I'm not even sure what to do with me.  : )

3 comments:

RCurtis said...

Yep. Definitely hormones. Are you pregnant? hehehe ;) Maybe it's because you have a soft heart -- yes, that's it. A heart like His. Just tell Jim to give you a hug and let you cry. Love you! Love the picture of Dad and Grayson. That brought back SOOOOO many memories.

Unknown said...

I'm kind of laughing at you right now cause I AM a crier, but lately haven't been too much. And I was thinking the same thing Ranelle said...ya pregnant? I LOVE the picture with dad, that is just precious. I've also been thinking A LOT about mom lately. Some days I wish she were here to call up and get some mommy advice. I know I have wonderful sisters who could do the job, but sometimes you just need your mom.

Kaylynn said...

I think you are just being obedient in doing what the Lord has asked us to do; mourn (cry) with those that mourn. =)