Sunday, July 31, 2011

Will it ever end???

I know I haven't blogged for quite a while.  I received a second church calling back in May: Girls' Camp Director for our ward, and that pretty much took any small amount of free time I had and ate it all up & then some.  I went into the calling with very few of the girls having any money earned towards their camp cost.  So off I went, trying to figure out what kind of fund-raiser I could come up with for the girls to help them earn some money for camp.  The money was due by June 1st, so I had 2 weeks. 

Anyway, long story short, we set up the girls on a "Hire-a-Young-Woman" basis with ward members and it went WAY better than I thought it would.  We also received some VERY generous donations which were much needed for several of our girls who couldn't afford to go.  I was humbled by this experience as I was frustrated with the YW leaders for not taking the lead on this far before I was called.  Well, camp was two weeks ago.  I survived...and even had fun.  It was even extra special because it was Regan's first year.  I hadn't been to Girls' Camp for 20 years, so between the two of us, we didn't seem to know too much before we got there.  : )  I set-up play dates for my other three kiddos with some pretty awesome friends during the days and Jim just had to get them there and pick them up after work.  In the end, I'm glad I went.  I learned A LOT about camp prep and how waiting till last minute is NOT a good idea (even if I didn't have a choice since I received the calling last minute).

And like I said earlier, I haven't had a lot of extra time for the basic things in life, family, marriage.  I find myself behind in my finances...ahhhh!  I hate that feeling.  I find myself just struggling to keep the house together....barely.  I feel I hardly see, let a lone talk to, Jim anymore, especially since he has a pretty demanding calling himself as the Stake Clerk.  The kids want play dates almost every day, and how can I do that when I don't even know when I'll be home from running all the errands that need to be run?  This is when the feelings of, "Will it ever end?" come in.  Wouldn't it just be nice to have a "break" from our callings or other responsibilities without any repercussions?  It wouldn't have to be a long break, just a break. 

I know this can't ever really happen, so I'll just be grateful that my one calling is no longer so demanding.  And accept the fact that putting off our big family vacation for another year is just the way it has to be at this time in our life, and that it's not the end of the world (although try explaining that to my kids).  And also accept the fact that being Primary Chorister just gets busier from here on out until October 16th, when we have our Primary Program.  Oh, may I survive the next few months......

1 comment:

RCurtis said...

Awwww! I'm tired reading your entry, but I know exactly how your feel. :) Remember - this too shall end. I'm grateful for sisters who accept whatever challenge they are in and move forward no matter what! I can't believe you were called at the last minute -- but sounds like you pulled it off because you are so talented. Hang in there & know that you are loved and prayed for! :)