Sunday, July 31, 2011

Girls' Camp fun

So I mentioned in my last post that I went to girls' camp this year.  It was Regan's first year at camp, so I had a great time spending time with her and the other YW in my ward.  What a great bunch of girls!!  Here's a preview of the fun we had.

The YCLs (Youth Camp Leaders) & YW Leaders went up a day early to set up camp.  We decorated our two cabins & got everything ready for the following day when everyone else came.  This year's theme was "Team Spirit".  Our team mascot was "Love Bugs".  We had SO much fun with this mascot, too.  Everyone chose a bug they wanted to be (most of them were made up).  As you can see, the girls had fun dressing the part.


My wonderful YCLs.  They helped me out SOOOO much!  Thanks, ladies!

Regan & her friend, Sarah Miller.  Sarah LOVES bugs, and she wasn't off the bus five minutes before she found this AMAZING looking moth.  She found other fun bugs, too.  Another moth is below.  I'm pretty sure Sarah loved our mascot name.  : )

 Kitchen duty
Regan helping out with the Stake YW Leader's devotional.
Regan with her friend, Whitney Cook, on their first year hike.
Our "Bug's Got Talent" skit, hosted by Bug Secrist & her friend Bugs. Regan was a Music Bug & her wings were made of wire, shaped as the Treble & Bass Clefs.
Regan with our Sunshine Lady, Sister McPherson.  She was SO wild and crazy and fun!!!

2 comments:

RCurtis said...

Looks like there were lots of fun memories made! I'm so glad you got to go with Regan and be a part of her experiences. I was a cook at girls' camp this year and really enjoyed being there as well. When I can get caught up, I'll post about that. Love the theme, the costumes, the fun & pictures! Love you too!

Unknown said...

You are amazing to do that calling with two weeks notice. Good luck with the sacrament program.