Sunday, May 24, 2009

April showers bring May flowers...or something like that.

Well, I figured I had better post something quick since it's been a month since my last one. The month of May has brought TONS of fun to our house. For starters, it was Jim's 37th b-day. It's pretty weird saying he's 37. The kids got him some new ties, movies, and I got him a new circular saw. He was very excited about them all...especially the ties because the kids (and they really did pick them out) got him some cool ones.
Next it was Grayson's 5th birthday and Lisa's baptism all on the same day. Grayson got some homemade gifts, movies, new toys, pjs, swimsuit and..........


a new BIKE!!! He's been waiting and working for this all year long. You see, he set a goal to stop sucking his thumb by his 5th b-day so he could get a bike. He did it!!!! Good job, Grayson, you look so cool on your new set of wheels!


Lisa's big day went really well. We had more people come to her baptism than we had thought would make it, and that made her feel loved. Thanks to all of you for sharing in her special day.
And because of her baptism, we had Grandpa Hollingshead come visit us for about a week. It was great to have him here for both b-days, Lisa's baptism, and mother's day. It was definitely a busy week!! And truth be told, I think he was glad to be home again after seeing how busy the Bloomfield family can get.

Thanks for visiting us, Dad!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jim!!! Happy Birthday Grayson Grayson!!! Congratulations Lisa!!! Love you all!!!

Kaylynn said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously. Lisa got baptised. I can't hardly believe it. That is just crazy to me. I remember that cute, chubby little baby girl, not that big 8 year old in the picture. Where does the time go. Guess that is what happens when you move away, it just goes that much faster.

Congrats Lisa. What a big, beautiful girl you have grown in to. We love and miss you guys!

RCurtis said...

What great pictures! I feel so behind because I haven't blogged for a while either. Grayson - you're the man, dude! Way to go on your goal and the bike! Congratulations Lisa! You look beautiful in your white dress! And, don't worry Jim, 37 is nothing! Wait until you hit the forties, or you could ask Scott about the fifties!