Sunday, May 24, 2009

Summer is COMING!!

Yea for warm weather. I have been waiting all Spring for the temperatures to kick it up a notch or two, and I think it finally has. On Saturday, I had a booth at Farmer's Market for the second time this season. What a BEAUTIFUL day. I had zero shade, and people were asking me if I was too hot. Are you kidding? NOOOO! I finally have color to my face, neck, arms, and legs. Who can complain about that?

I am so excited to have summer here, too. People say, but that means you will have all FOUR of your kids home all day long. And your point is???? I love my kids (even when they are yelling non-stop at each other and making me crazy). My life would certainly be pretty boring without them in it. And I can't wait to hide the alarm clock. I mean, really. I don't know if my kids will allow me to sleep in, but I'm excited to try it out. And lastly (what a funny word), I think I'm more excited not to have homework to deal with than Regan and Lisa are. Can you say broken record: is your homework done yet? is your homework done yet? You get the idea.

Jim's been off on a small adventure since Wednesday afternoon. He and a friend from church, Rusty Schatz, took a road trip to Wyoming and then to Nebraska to go brand cattle. Rusty's parents own a ranch in WY and needed help branding, and his brother was helping at the church ranch in NB, so he invited Jim to help him drive the long distance. I have to say that Jim was pretty excited to get the invitation, so how could I say no? Jim grew up on (well not exactly on, but near) his family ranch, so this is "fun" for him. It's been years since his last cattle branding, and although we all miss him, we're glad he got to go. Really, we are!

But let me just say this.....how do single moms (or those with spouses that travel a lot) do it? I must be the biggest wimp around. I did VERY well the first 3 days and then it all went downhill. I tried to keep it together, but to no avail. In fact, if I didn't have a Sunday calling at church, I would have stayed home. Luckily I have some great friends in the ward (we've adopted them as our kids' local grandparents) that adore Tanner so they held him. Now if Grayson and Regan could keep their hands away from each other, we might be okay. So I salute all those Moms out there, especially my sister and sis-in-law, that do this on a regular basis. May God bless you in your efforts.

Let SUMMER begin. 7 school-days and counting!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wimp! Three days come on...I don't usually start the yelling until like the 4th day I'm on my own. :)

The Bloomin' Fields said...

I know. You're who I look up to when I'm alone. If only I could be like Gaynelle. : )

Unknown said...

I love those "adoptive granparents"! Every ward has them and every family needs them! I nodded along to everything you said about summer coming. I can't wait till schools out! Yahoo!

RCurtis said...

What!!! You guys can hold out until 3 or 4 days? Why Scott's not even gone 5 min. just to work, and I've lost it with one or both of my kids! hehe Really, why do we put so much pressure on ourselves as mothers to be perfect? I'm with you Chauntelle -- BRING ON SUMMER!!!!

The Prestwich's said...

IT isn't the being gone part that hurts so bad, it's the knowing you are alone to handle stuff that kills you. I'm glad you got a taste of the "good" life.