Last week I decided it was time to remove one of Tanner's training wheels on his bike. So I did. He'd ride it a little, but pretty much had no interest in it. So Jim removed the other training wheel a couple of days later, and we just told him to push it around like those scoot bikes (bikes without peddles) to learn his balance. He did that for a couple of days and seemed to like it a lot better than the one-training wheel deal. We also helped him ride his bike by holding onto the back of the seat, but that can't last long because look at the size of that bike. It really hurts to bend over and run like that. : )
So last Thursday he wanted to ride his bike and asked me to come help him. I went outside to help him and he came riding up to me on his bike without any help. He figured it out all by himself, and he's only 4! It's amazing how different he is from my other kids; he's definitely not afraid of trying things like the others are. Regan was 7 before she'd even try to learn to ride her bike; Lisa and Grayson were 6 when they learned. But even now, Grayson wants to stick to riding his 16" bike instead of his bigger 22"-er. He doesn't like to get on and off of the bigger one. I always thought a bike was a bike, but not to my kids....at least most of my kids. Way to go, Tan-Tan!! You the man! (OK, so the video is poor quality, but I had set it to the MMS mode on my phone so I could text it to Jim, and this is the only video I have so far. Maybe squinting will make it clearer...or not). : )
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Tanner!!
That is awesome! It is so fun to see videos of my nieces and nephews and the highlights of their lives. You are the man Tanner! Love you!
Yep, he definitely rocks!
Post a Comment