I truly enjoyed conference this weekend. Although I didn't listen quite as well as I have in the past, I still gleaned some wonderful things from the talks. I'm glad they print the talks so I can read them and learn even more.
Yesterday and today I have felt a need to reflect on my life and how blessed I am. I try to remember this every day, but I know that I all to often take my many blessings for granted. One reason I have been so reflective is that a young mother in my ward passed away yesterday morning unexpectedly, leaving a husband and 5 young children. Their ages are 12, 9, 8, 3, & 8 months. I cry every time I think about those kids growing up without their mom, and then I think to myself, "I'm so glad I had 30 years with my mom before she died." Although I miss my mom terribly, how grateful I am to have grown up with her in my life. And how I pray for this young family to be comforted and to find the strength to get through this extremely difficult time in their lives right now.
I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and to have a knowledge that we'll see our loved ones again in Heaven. There are many out there that don't know about this truth or choose not to believe it, but I have prayed about it and know it's true. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and my family and watches out for us every day. How I treasure my children and my husband. They bring me so much joy! Life is fragile, and I want to enjoy my family as much as I can while we're together. And I'm grateful for the reminders these types of experiences bring. I'm going to go tell my kids I love them right now.
Sunday, October 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this makes me sad too even though I didn't know her.
That is the only wish I have for myself...to watch my kids grow up with me in their lives.
Thank you for sharing such beautiful thoughts. I'm so sorry for that young family. Thank you for reminding us of how precious life is and how precious our family is. Love you!
Thanks for sharing with us your thoughts, feelings and testimony in this post. When I hear things like this, I get teary eyed. So glad we have the knowledge we do. And yes, thank you for the reminder of how precious life, family and relationships are.
Post a Comment