Friday, January 22, 2010

The Wii is MaGiC!!!

My conversation with Grayson today went as follows:

Grayson: crying non-stop for 10 mins. about how his ear hurts. (He has a cold right now)
Mom: Do you want some medicine to help it feel better?
Grayson: What kind?
Mom: The good kind. (Like he'll know the difference between Tylenol or Motrin).
Grayson: (still crying). Okay.
Mom: Now go lie down on the couch and rest. It will take a while for the medicine to start working.
Grayson: (still crying) Can I watch Backyardigans?
Mom: Sure. (I leave the room and come back to find him playing Monster Truck 4x4 on the Wii)
Mom: I thought you were going to watch Backyardigans.
Grayson: I decided to play the Wii instead.
Mom: (A few minutes after he starts playing, and no longer crying, of course). How's your earache?
Grayson: It's all better now that I'm playing the Wii. I should play the Wii all day now!
Mom: (laughing) Nice try, buddy!

I guess the Wii is the new "Magic" or "medicine" for earaches. Or maybe it's Monster Truck 4x4......

4 comments:

RCurtis said...

Yes - aren't electronics magical! Way to go Grayson -- did you beat the game yet? Hope you feel better soon!

Kami said...

That is hilarious! Gotta love Grayson for trying :)

Danette~ said...

Earaches are the WORST. I'll have to try our Wii next time for some of that magical relief! Cute story!

Unknown said...

Funny kid.