Okay, so I've been meaning to keep updating our blog this week, as I still have LOTS of pictures to share with you. However, our computer crashed. The ironic thing about it crashing is that it crashed on the same day my new laptop arrived at my front door. So after several hours of setting up our new computer, thanks to all of our friends who know more about computers than we do, we are online again.
That's a good thing for me since I have a home-based business that requires a working computer with Internet access. I guess I can say that I'm glad we had a trial run with our computer crashing a few months back because we had all of our files backed up this time. Last time we only had some of our files backed up. We thought we were prepared but learned that having the variety of fonts that I have is a good thing for a vinyl business. Luckily, we were able to restore our computer last time and we promptly backed EVERYTHING up. And for some miraculous reason, my vinyl software works with Windows 7. I'm totally grateful for that since the company that creates the software isn't going to release an update for at least 6 months so that Microsoft can work out any "glitches" first. Since it's my busy season right now with Christmas, I couldn't have had a better prayer answered.
The rest of our week has been busy on top of all of our computer drama. The kids were home from school Thursday and Friday for the end-of-the-semester Parent Teacher Conferences. All of my kids are doing awesome in their classes. So congrats to them for all of their hard work at school.
Jim flew to Oregon for a recruiting trip at Tektronix (his old stomping grounds). We learned about 4 months ago that Tek was laying off most of the Manufacturing employees because they've decided to move all building, creating, and manufacturing to........yep, you guessed it, China. We're so grateful for the insight we had to find a new job BEFORE this happened. Anyway, he enjoyed seeing a lot of his former co-workers. And, of course, Oregon in the fall is absolutely gorgeous. The downside to the trip was that he only went for one day and didn't get to see any of our friends that still live there.
Finally, Lisa had a piano recital last Monday evening. She did a fabulous job (you'll get to see a video in another post. I have to upload my pictures from my back-up first). So I guess until then, I'll be reading about you. : )
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are so lucky to have a new computer. Bryan finally put in a really old video card that luckily works so I can have a computer too. Looking forward to all the updates.
Oh man! I know what you mean about not having a working computer. Both of our computers crashed within a couple of days of each other, so we were without a computer for several days. What did we ever do without computers? The "tender mercies" are sure great!
Post a Comment