Tuesday, November 3, 2009

September.....really? TWO months ago???

What fun we've been having lately. In fact, so much fun that I'll be updating you with a few different posts in order to keep the pics all organized. And so that I'm not sitting at my really slow computer waiting for all of them to upload. Ugh!

Sept. brought new activities of all kinds. School started, the county fair marked the end of another year of 4-H projects, 6th grade Science Camp for Regan, and new neighborhood move-ins. Check it out!



Grayson's first day of Kindergarten. His face says it all!!

Lisa starts 3rd grade.

Regan is our big 6th grader. Can't believe she's in the "oldest" class of elementary. Middle school next year? Aaaaahhhh!

And what, oh what, is Tanner going to do with all of the siblings off to school? Hmmmm......I wonder. Oh, that isn't a road/rug burn on his eye. Look a little closer....

Oh, yes, he found my make-up yet again. I'd have to say, he's getting worse at putting on make-up. : (

Sheep, again! Regan did awesome showing her lamb, which was a bit jumpy I might add.

But she still received a purple ribbon for quality of lamb and had the chance to show her lamb against all the other purple ribbon winners where she came in 4th out of 7. Way to go, Regan. Even after the fun at the fair, we're not sad it's over. Raising sheep is A LOT of work and time.

Regan also did the Candy-Making Project. For her fair display, she quickly put together these super yummy cake ball pops (I added the popsicle sticks after the picture was taken). They looked like mini cupcakes on a stick. She's happy to announce that she received the highest award for the food group and received a huge purple ribbon and $5. (Thanks to Mom for putting the cake pops into a small flower vase and made it look all cute, since Regan was at Science Camp having fun in the outdoors). : )

McCall Idaho Outdoor Science Camp. The camp overlooks this beautiful lake. And they couldn't have asked for better weather!!

Regan's cabin-mates.

The kids all had the chance to canoe the lake. Look at the size of those canoes. Sure hope it never capsizes.

Look who moved into our neighborhood!! Yes, on Sept. 23rd, we went outside to see this beautiful, large horned owl. He and his two companions have taken up residency in one of our neighbor's trees. (Right across the street from us). They come out every night (and sometimes during the day, too. I thought they were nocturnal???), but this is the one we see the most. We've actually come within 10 feet of "him" before he flew to higher ground. Pretty cool!!!!

5 comments:

TAG + 1 said...

Love the updates, keep 'em coming! I need to get our blog up to date soon! Hope you are doing well and staying healthy!!

~Alicia

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I know about the slow computer thing as ours died last week...may it rest in peace, unless Bryan actually finds time to fix it. Now I have to use his laptop when he's not on it.

RCurtis said...

Love the pictures and updates! I miss not having updates from all our family. All the kids look great and CONGRATULATIONS to Tanner for learning all his words and singing. We love you Tanner!

The Despain Gang said...

Cute pics and love the owl. How cool is that! My kids love hearing the owl, so way to make a video! I am making it a goal to update my blog this week, or at least get started updating.

Heather S. said...

Great pictures, your kids are growing so fast. The science camp looks like a blast, and I TOTALLY love the picture of the owl. I LOVE owls, just never get to see them, so thanks for posting the shots!