My life has experienced some exciting changes lately. I recently started teaching step aerobics at North Idaho Athletics Club, a local gym. I've always loved taking the step classes and have wanted to become a teacher for about a year-and-a-half now, but the thought was always nerve racking. For one, the classes are an hour long. 60 long minutes of non-stop talking; telling the class members what to do next so that they get a good work-out. That was the biggest obstacle for me to overcome. But I worked really hard at home and at the gym to talk out loud and to cue the next moves BEFORE they needed to be done, and I'm doing it. The other big challenge is creating my own combos (choreography). There's ideas online, but let's face it, it's usually harder to teach someone else's stuff. What helped out was that I took a step certification class a month ago and learned a lot about choreography building. I still have a lot to learn in this area, but I have a lot of good resources to turn to for help with this. I have now taught four classes and just love it! I'm so glad that I decided to push myself with this. It's still going to be hard, and I'm going to have to re-organize my schedule, but it's good to challenge yourself once in a while.....right?
The next change that's a big one is that our wards are splitting in two weeks. We currently have 3 wards in Moscow, but have enough members for 4 wards. So more change. I've experienced this type of change before, though, and am actually looking forward to it. I'll be sad to see some of my friends "move" into other wards, but the great thing about Moscow is that it's still pretty small. I'll see my friends more than I think. With Jim being the Stake Clerk, I've actually known about this change for almost a year now. It's been in the works for a long time. And it will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to their new wards. The biggest thing I don't look forward to is that my ward will now have to "share" our building with another ward and we won't be able to always have the 10 am - 1 pm church time. Oh well. I've had worse church schedules (like 2:30 - 5:30 p.m. I did not love that time slot).
Change is good.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was talking about you the other day with some gals. I found myself saying that you were the twin who exercises faithfully, teaches step now, made the cute hat Ella was wearing and much more. You are AMAZING! Change is hard, but sometimes needed to help us grow.
Yay for change! You are amazing! Thanks for being a great example of setting a goal and going for it -- no matter what the obstacles.
Post a Comment