I'm pretty sure that I won't be on the top of the list for the Mother-of-the-Year award. Last night was Lisa's second soccer game for the Fall Season. There's a playground not too far from the soccer fields, so Grayson and Tanner took off to go play. Jim had church meetings and couldn't come, so I showed Grayson where I was and told him to watch Tanner. First mistake.....I know. Don't leave a 6 yr. old in charge of a 3 yr. old that even Mom can't handle sometimes.
Well, just before Lisa's game ended, Grayson brought Tanner to me and told me that Tanner had gotten hurt. I asked Tanner what happened. This was his response. "I fell off slide. My arm hurt." I asked Grayson if Tanner fell from the top of the slide or while he was going down it. He said Tanner leaned over the side while sliding down and fell off. So I gave Tanner a quick look-over and then a couple of hugs, kisses, and wiped his tears away totally expecting that his arm would feel better soon. Nothing looked bad. He wasn't even swollen or bruised anywhere. And since I'm typically not an overly-sympathetic mother, I thought I was doing good. I gave him Tylenol when we got home, fed him dinner and put him to bed. When he woke up this morning not wanting to move his left arm still, Jim told me to take him to the Dr. So after 2 hrs. at "QuickCare", we were sent home with Tanner in a sling with a broken clavicle (collar bone). So SAD!!!
I'll have to post a picture of him in his sling after he gets home from speech class. And, yes, after all of that excitement, he chose to go to speech class. What a trooper!
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Our poor Tanner! Poor baby! Don't feel bad though, accidents can happen even when we are withing arm's reach. They happen to all of us. You are a GREAT MOM! What a sweet responsible boy Grayson was though to bring him right to you. Give them both a hug from me...and give yourself one too, you need it! Love you!
Ohhhh - there's the story. Ouch! Guess I need to look at the date of the posts and read the first one next time. (he he he) Collar bone! Wow! Don't worry -- could've happened to anyone -- even moms! :)
Post a Comment